The comments will be listed: I am afraid this blog won't do justice to the session!
- Keep busy: this came from someone who ran the 2 oceans half marathon! Quite remarkable even if you are completely healthy
- Positive thinking
- Become a volunteer and help others. This came from a Reach for Recovery volunteer. She stressed that sharing your experience with others helps you come to terms with the diagnosis
- Speak to other survivors
- Share your recovery with others
- Write a journal (Other women have suggested painting as an option)
- Count your blessings
- Live everyday as if it is your last day: you are responsible for your life
Inevitably most of the people there were women however, one of the husbands said that it was really important to understand that the process was "our battle".
Linda, thank you once again for organising the PLWC breakfast!
|The view from outside Simons restaurant|